1. Meet with your Sweat 60 coach, get your personalized nutrition plan with daily calorie recommendations, and Macros.
2. Track daily calories and eat at a calorie deficit. Use my fitness pal to track food.
- You can’t rush the process. Especially when we are talking about the human body and the intricate hormonal feedback loop designed to keep us alive and thriving.
- If we eat too little and exercise too much we create a massive stress response that makes life HARD. Leptin levels plummet and ghrelin shoots up. This triggers us to conserve energy and it also triggers massive cravings.
- Our goal is to make you look absolutely incredible 90 days from now. To get you leaner, and stronger. We don’t just care about weight loss. We care about the total package.
- What creates fat loss is a calorie deficit. When you consume fewer calories than your body burns, fat loss ensues. As long as you get sufficient protein and you follow our program.
- Here’s the best part. Now, when you are cutting on a 400 calorie deficit, combined with a specific style of fasting each day (proper macronutrient intake), strategic supplementation and the lethal lifting program I’m going to teach you; crazy things happen!
3. Eating within 8 hour feeding window
- Now one of the key strategies we will be utilizing is intermittent fasting. I’m sure you are very well versed with fasting, but we are going to do a quick run through so you know exactly why and how we are doing this!
- Intermittent fasting is when you don’t eat for an extended period of time. In our case, we will be fasting for the first 4-6 hours of the day. It’s that simple.
- Fasting increases fat mobilization, boosts growth hormone and has an extensive ray of health benefits. Fasting can boost mental focus, improve cellular repair (autophagy) and even trigger the growth of new brain cells via increasing brain derived neurotrophic factors (BDNF).
- We found fasting to be extremely helpful when the goal is to develop muscle and decrease fat. By having a fasting period each day, you get to focus on fat burning. While the eating phase helps with growth and repair.
- What’s more, for some people, eating first thing in the morning can cause more hunger throughout the day. This is because cortisol levels peak in the morning. When you eat, you trigger insulin, (high cortisol levels and high insulin can cause a rapid spike and fall in blood sugar leading to hunger).
- Fasting during the day makes getting lean effortless. You can simply focus on work and the things you have to do and look forward to your lunch and dinner.
- So, if you wake up at 8am the goal will be to fast until 12-2pm for your first meal!!! (4-6 hours later)