Three of the best to ever do it. Top-notch elite athletes.
But that’s not all they have in common…
- Tom Brady has a diet that excludes fruit, coffee, olive oil, and salt that isn’t pink…
- Kobe showed up two hours before practice to shoot in a dark gym…
- Michael Jordan showed up to the court (at age 40) when he didn’t even have to be there.
Can you see what all three have in common? Let’s see if you have it too.
You’re probably sitting there looking like that chin-stroking emoji right now.
What ALL of these elite athletes have in common is that they have processes that help them achieve their goals. That’s what makes them great.
Tom Brady doesn’t just shout out a goal like, “We’re going to win the Super Bowl this year.” No, he commits to the processes that will help him reach his goal, ruthlessly and consistently. Committing to continuous focus on his diet, mobility work and more.
Kobe and Jordan didn’t just say they were going to win a ring each year. They were working and training before most people got out of bed.
- Eating a certain way,
- Using recovery practices.
- Processes are vitally important to achieving goals.
I am not saying that you should be going to these extremes. Elite athletes provide for their family, by being able to play at the highest level. But there are lessons to be learned from what they do.
If you do not have a system or process for your training (both physical and skill training) you are practicing at random. It’s like putting blindfolds on and taking free throws. Processes and systems help you operate and perform at the highest levels.
PROCESSES AREN’T COMPLICATED
A process or a system doesn’t and shouldn’t be complicated. It’s really simple and should be for you to get RESULTS. Pull out a calendar and commit to doing one thing for the next 30 days.
I’ll give some examples.
- If you deal with soreness or tightness ——- Foam Roll and Mobility Every Day
- Coming back from Injury ———- Do Your PT Work EVERY DAY
- Want to Improve your shot? ———- Take 30 Shots EVERY DAY
Go take out a calendar, or print one off online and put a x or check mark each day you complete the task. If you miss a day don’t freak out, just get back on track.
You will be surprised at what you can accomplish in 30 days for being consistent.
- Foundational Strength Training in a safe environment
- Sport Specific Strength Training and Nutrition
- Resilience through the principles of developing an ironclad mindset
Run by former college athletes we have developed a clear system that gets athletes real results. For more information on securing your athlete a clear advantage email Kevin@sweat60fitness.com